Sunday, September 23, 2012

Time to Eat!

It's 6:00, Tom just got home....quick, I must think of something to fix for supper.Hmmmmm....what will I fix?I know what I'll make...Oh, it's 6:30 already?  Gosh, where did the time go?Dang, it's going to be another late nite.
It's 7:30I yell, "Time to eat!"Everyone comes, we pray, we eat, then it starts.jobsand yellingYelling to get all that needs to get done before bedyou knowPick up toys!Brush your teethGet your jammies onPick up toys!Get back here and wipe the counter and rinse the sinkDid you sweep?Who's the sweeper?Hurry upPick up toys!Now!It's 9:00Pick up toys!Time for bed!!!
The kids are not ready for the day to be over immediately after we eatI'm not either.ormaybe I am and that's why I'm crabby and can't wait for them all to go to bed
I got tired of itThis was becoming the normal for us.
The past few weeks, I decided to make a conscience effort toeat supper at 6pm(OK 6:30 at the latest)
In order for this to happen, I must know what I'm making for supper in the morning, like while I'm getting breakfast,so I can thaw any meat out I'll need and to keep it in the back of my head all dayso at 4:30pm, I'm ready to start getting ready to make supper.
In order for that to happen, I need a master list of what meals we are having with the food I've purchased for this particular 2 week period, until next grocery day...
When, I'll need to think of and write the said master list of mealswhile making my grocery list.
Things just go better when we eat at a reasonable time.The kids feel like they have time after supper, more time in their day.Things are not rushed for bedtime.We can have a happy mommy bedtime(most nights)
It's been a few weeks now of eating earlier (normal time for most folks)and we are all seeming much happier.It sure is worth the effort.
Oh, gotta run!!It's time to eat!!
What about you?You probably have this all figured out already...



No comments:

Post a Comment