Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thick Lips


 Spicy chicken dish. See the seeds.
 My portion

The shot that I had to drink because I lost the drinking game.Basically, the game starts with someone pouring a drink into the glass. Then, a smaller shot glass is placed inside. Each person then takes turn to pour the wine into the smaller shot glass. Whoever causes it to sink must drink the whole thing.
And that 'whoever' was me. Tsk. Me and my unsteady heavy right hand.
Before losing the game, I've already drank beer, soju, makgeolli. 
*********************************************************
Our 3rd stop during the night food tour was this restaurant which just offered 1 dish - chicken with glass noodles. Either non-spicy or spicy.

I thought my Singapore-trained tongue could handle the fire, and so I 'bravely' said I wanted the spicy one. Boy, was I wrong! It was overly spicy. Plus, it inflammed my already swollen lips some more.

As in the red (redness of the lips) went beyond my actual lips and spread to the side. I looked like joker!

Anyway, we were chatting with one of the tourguides and my friend asked him to guess which part of our faces have been touched by the doctor (because the previous topic was about plastic surgery). The tourguide looked at my first friend and said everything looks natural. Looked at my second friend and said her face also looked natural.

Then came my turn. He looked at me intently and asked 'did you have your lips botoxed?'

I said 'no! these are naturally full and the spices caused it to flare' (I couldn't remember what I said, but I'm pretty sure it was in this context).



Firstly, if above lips were indeed botoxed, the doctor who injected it should be beaten to a pulp. It's overly thick and uneven!

Second, these are my real lips. Full on usual days, weird-looking while we were in Korea. The top lip literally doubled in height and width! I thought it was due to dehydration, because I didn't drink much. But, I later on realised it's really windburn.

Oh. At the state my lips were in, it was difficult to smile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment