Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Cleft Lip Surgery

To contact us Click HERE
 It's been 10 days and our little red head is seeming to be happy again!!Oh, how we've missed that sweet smile!Day One I'm sorry if this is too graphic for you, but you must see this to even more appreciate how far he's come Day TwoDay Three!Huge difference, huh?The first 2 days in the hospital I cried out in my prayers, through my tears,"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
I felt like Jesus.I felt like, where did all the prayers, Masses, sacrifices, rosaries, novenas, blessings, from so many, where did they go?I worried about the before the surgery, I worried during the surgery, (surgery took 5 hours)but didn't give much thought to how painful it would be to see him the first time.Orhow hard it would be for him, how much pain he'd be inafterward.
All I could think of was how unbearable this was to watch my baby suffer(he had pain meds of course, but was still in pain)My husband and I have barely mentioned the fact that this is the first of many surgeries, the thought brings me to instant tears, as does my husband.
Afterward, I felt more like Mary must have felt when she met Jesus carrying the cross.Helpless.And again how she must have felt when they took Him down from the cross and placed Him in her arms.Holding my baby, helpless, to take away the pain.
I know those prayers were there, holding us up, even though, we wanted to run away and try to hide from the pain, we made it and sweet Simeon is doing great now.He's been eating every 2 hours since about Wednesday,making up for lost time and keeping his mama from sleeping much!
 Before(the day before surgery)AfterThis is today!10 days later!He has a top lip and a complete nose!!He still has some scabbing, but it's looking better and better every day!!
His lip is pulled very tight on top and that will push the soft tissue down (that big chunk in the middle)  the goal is within a year so he can have his palate surgery.It's already gone down some and centered itself.It's amazing, really, how it all works.
Thank you for all your prayers, God bless you all!!He's crying....gotta run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment